Fisheries Management Scotland is committed to ensuring that we have in place fair working practices and is committed to advancing the Fair Work First criteria. These are:
- appropriate channels for effective voice, such as trade union recognition;
- investment in workforce development;
- no inappropriate use of zero hours contracts;
- action to tackle the gender pay gap and create a more diverse and inclusive workplace; and
- payment of the real Living Wage.
Fisheries Management Scotland are familiar with the Fair Work Convention and we have used the self-assessment tool to examine our practices